ICVolunteers Projects Calendar
2013 (16 projects)
- 10 December 2013 — The Future of Human Rights Forum
Current human rights protection mechanisms are inadequate and serious rights violations happen on a daily basis.
- 27 November - 18 December 2013 — "Green Games" Workshops
The GreenVoice program, whose goal is to raise awareness on environmental issues, especially among young generation, is hosting the “Green Games” workshops.
- 14 October 2013 - 14 October 2014 — ICV Arcade
ICVolonteers is not only lectures and social projects but there is also the Arcade, a place for meetings, concerts and various cultural events.
- 13 - 23 September 2013 — Challenges and lessons learnt in combating contemporary forms of slavery
The UN Voluntary Fund on Contemporary Forms of Slavery (UNVFCFS) was established in 1991 by General Assembly resolution 46/122 to provide humanitarian, legal and financial aid to individuals whose human rights have been severely violated as a result of contemporary forms of slavery, and their relatives who have been directly affected by the victim’s suffering.
- 02 September - 10 October 2013 — Exposition GreenVoice
"Regards croisés : environnement, citoyenneté, volontariat".
- 17 June - 12 July 2013 — 2013 Indigenous Fellowship
The Indigenous Fellowship Programme was launched in 1997 by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) in the context of the first International Decade of the World’s Indigenous People (1995-2004).
- 06 - 08 June 2013 — EMDR European Conference
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is an innovative clinical treatment, which has successfully helped over one million people who have experienced psychological difficulties.
- 05 - 08 June 2013 — Montessori Model United Nations
The Montessori Model United Nations (“MMUN”) is a not for profit organization that supports the work of the United Nations through the introduction of a Peace Curriculum into schools and the conducting of student-led conferences that address the issues then currently before the United Nations.
- 19 - 23 May 2013 — 4th Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction
The Third Session of the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and the Global Reconstruction Conference were jointly held from 8 to 13 May 2011.
- 13 - 17 May 2013 — WSIS Forum 2013
The World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Forum 2013 represents the world’s largest annual gathering of the ‘ICT for development’ community.
- 07 May 2013 — Info Session
You have free time and you are willing to get involved locally and internationally? ICV offers a wide range of volunteering activities in a variety of areas.
- 03 May 2013 — TEDxCERN
TEDxCERN will take place on May 3rd, 2013 at CERN, near Geneva, Switzerland, and will be webcast live throughout many of CERN's member institutes.
- 01 - 05 May 2013 — GreenJobs: Salon de l'Ã©tudiant et de la formation
Dans le contexte du 27e Salon de l'étudiant et de la formation, ICV sera impliquée dans la tenue d'un stand d'information et d'une série d'ateliers thématiques liés au développement durable et à l'emploi.
- 19 April 2013 — Employee Volunteering: IT and Social Media
Dublin, Ireland, Republic of
Information Technologies (IT) and Social Media: Are useful for my employee volunteering program? Which IT solutions could support our program? Social Media: advantage or disadvantage.
- 18 - 24 March 2013 — Plainpalais, Diverse Perspectives
In the context of the Week against racism, held in Geneva from the 21st to the 28th March 2013, ICVolunteers joins the ongoing efforts of different institutions and associations present in the Plainpalais’ neighborhood, Geneva, in order to promote diversity and fight racism.
- 27 February 2013 — Multistakeholder First WSIS+10 Review Event
As part of the WSIS+10 Review Event (25-27 February 2013), UNESCO has addressed, together with its partners, the major challenges in building Knowledge Societies for sustainable development.